Sunday, January 2, 2011

Catching up

Since I'm starting this late in college, I thought I'd catch everyone (nobody, currently) up.

I'm a junior at the Ringling College of Art and Design, in computer animation. My classes with in the major are typically one in animation, and two in concept and story development.

In "concept development", we focus on creating stories and executing them as clearly as possible with as much entertainment value as possible. The end result is an animatic, or as I've heard it called, "A blueprint for animation". This means the ideas are portrayed, but not fully animated. I use Corel Painter 11 and Adobe Premiere Pro.

Here are some examples from concept development:


The Door


The assignment was to have a character interact with a door in someway, with some sort of conflict stopping them from achieving their goal. It ends at about 0:35. Sorry for the mysterious empty black video at the end.

A to B

The assignment here was to create a story in which a character had to get from point A to B, and of course faced obstacles in their path. The class and my teacher liked this much more than expected, but I think that I should probably have made sure the background kept moving as the character climbed onto the bus, as well as cut the shot where he seems to run through the cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment